Here is a list of the most recent updates to this site:
- August 17, 2019: Construction begins on the Astrobee 500, a joint effort with William Wallby.
- June 15, 2019: Drop-away mechanism and aft end of sustainer complete on Ariane 6, plus a video showing many details.
- March 24, 2019: A video on the complete process of making a 3D printed nose cone.
- March 11, 2019: A video on the three most import HPR techniques.
- February 23, 2019: How-to video on 3D printing large parts published.
- June 17, 2018: Quick-and-dirty painting of the Boosted Arcas completes it in time for Aeronaut 2018.
- February 26, 2018: Lots of 3D printed parts for the Falcon 9.
- January 20, 2018: Construction well underway on the Light Show version 2.
- August 6, 2017: After a 3-year hiatus, I finally launched the Madcow AGM-33 Pike and MAC Performance Sky Scraper 4" at Aeronaut 2017.
- April 16, 2016: While moving and cleaning up, I made a Shop Planning video.
- March 6, 2016: Opened up the Binder Design Galaxy kit and started building it.
- February 21, 2016: Painted and set up electronics for the MAC Performance Sky Scraper 4" kit.
- January 10, 2016: New how-to video on making a large transition from foam.
- December 6, 2015: Construction begins on the Boosted Arcas US sounding rocket.
- November 29, 2015: Added a how-to video on making your own coupler.
- October 25, 2015: Finally began work on the RS-2U/PC-2У early Soviet air-to-air missile.
- October 17, 2015: New how-to page on body tubes.
- October 11, 2015: Finally finished my Madcow AGM-33 Pike.
- October 10, 2015: Unpacked my Sky Scraper 4" kit from the new MAC Performance Rocketry.
- September 6, 2015: A new how-to video, this time on using automotive paints.
- August 30, 2015: A few more photos added to the Iris page (which didn't fly as planned and will now wait until next year).
- June 16, 2015: The Crayon Bank flew twice last weekend at ROC-stock.
- June 15, 2015: My Wildman Punisher flew in the June ROC-stock drag race this past weekend.
- May 31, 2015: New video on Basic Wiring.
- March 23, 2015: My version of a Crayon Bank rocket is complete, along with a how-to video on making Plastic Fins.
- March 1, 2015: The Scale Spreadsheet is a tool to determine the scale factor and calculate model dimensions.
Here are some selected milestones from the history of this site, along with links to the site as it was via the magic of the Wayback Machine.
- October 14, 2013: Site-wide layout revamp, but keeping the orange-and-black artwork. Also, re-worked the fleet and how-to sections to be gallery-oriented.
- July 11, 2004: Site updated with new appearance, designed by Brent McNeeley of Rocketeer Media (as it was then).
- November 23, 2002: Site moved to new hosting provider and the jcrocket.com domain is born (as it was then).
- July 29, 1999: Just got the pictures back from the Aeronaut launch last weekend showing my successful level 3 flight of the Generic Rocket (as it was then).
- December 1998: Already by the end of 1998, I'd built quite a few rockets (as it was then).